Fortepiano Wire (was Re: Brass wire)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:43:52 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Well, what did you end up doing? :-) I'm actually asking this because of
your original post. We should be getting our new Fortepiano sometime
in the next six months or so and your post made me wonder about what to
do about this kind of thing. Are there sources, other than the builder,
where we can order wire to have on hand for this eventuality? We order
our replacement harpsichord strings to have on hand from the builders.

Hopefully, I'll be retired before this type of thing starts happening
but just in case.......  :-)

Thanks.
Avery