Searching PTJ (was Old Journal Articles)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:06:12 -0600

Hi,

The directions are correct--but I wrote them *grin*.

At 08:44 AM 11/22/02 -0600, you wrote:

>Here is a step-by-step method of installing the CDs from Kent Swafford.
>This makes it easy to search all 20 years of Journals on the CDs at once.  A
>word of advice:  don't install the version of Adobe from the CDs.  Go to the
>Adobe website and get the most recent version.
>
>INSTALLING THE 5 JOURNAL CD-ROMS TO A WINDOWS HARD DRIVE
>
>(Copying entire content of the CD¹s to a hard drive requires 2.51 gigs of
>free space.)
>
>1. create a folder called journal
>2. create a folder within journal called disk1ptg
>3. create a folder within journal called disk2ptg
>4. create a folder within journal called disk3ptg
>5. create a folder within journal called disk4ptg
>6. create a folder within journal called PTJarchive
>7. insert cdrom disk one into drive
>8. open cdrom
>9. set a block over all items in disk one by rolling over from ctrl to A.
>10. click copy
>11. move to folder called disk1ptg
>12. click paste.
>13. wait
>14. remove cdrom and put in disk two
>15. open cdrom
>16. select index and papers by holding down the ctrl key and clicking each
>one once.
>17. click copy
>18. move to folder called disk2ptg
>19. click paste
>20. wait
>21. remove cdrom and put in disk three; open cdrom
>22. select index and papers by holding down the ctrol key and clicking each
>one once.
>23. click copy
>24. move to folder called disk3ptg
>25. click paste
>26. wait
>27. remove cdrom and put in disk four; open cdrom
>28. select index and papers by holding down the ctrl key and clicking each
>one once.
>29. click copy
>30. move to folder called disk4ptg
>31. click paste
>32. wait
>33. remove cdrom and put in reprint cdrom; open cdrom
>34. select index, resource, index.pdx and piano.pdf by holding down the
>ctrl key and clicking each one once.
>35. click copy
>36. move to folder called PTJarchive
>37. click paste
>38. wait
>39. install adobe acrobat from disk1ptg folder
>40. open any .pdf file from disk1ptg folder
>41. click global search
>42. click indexes
>43. click add
>44. open the folder called journal
>45. open the folder called disk1ptg
>46. open the folder called index
>47. open the file called index.pdx
>48. repeat steps 41 thru 47 selecting disk2ptg\index\index.pdx,
>disk3ptg\index\index.pdx, disk4ptg\index\index.pdx
>49. repeat steps 41 thru 44.
>50. open the folder called PTJarchive
>51. open the file called index.pdx

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.