Hateful little F DAMPER

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:04:12 +0100

I would say that, that adding weight on a damper seems not nice to me,
and can well be perceived in the touch.

Straightening, aligning, bending, and taking care of the amount of
pressure on any string (push lightly on any string one by one and
watch/hear how the tone damps & how the head of the damper moves).

These jobs are not very easy but the good bending may work.

I usually have a small plank that I put on the stretcher to protect
it, and on there are straight lines to use as guides for bending. It
helps to leave the damper head flat on the stretcher to check the
rightness of the alignment with the wire.

There is indeed a slant in the wire too, on some pianos,  the heads
are not at 90° with the wire. That allow for half pedaling.

Regards.

Isaac OLEK