Ya gotta love it

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:06:54 EST

This weekend I made two people very happy.

On Friday I worked for two hours prepping the D in our concert hall in
anticipation of Yafim Bronfim playing with the Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra.
This is the brand new D we just got in September, and it's only been played
twice. I spent most of my time fine tuning and voicing, and made a few little
adjustments. I just talked with Mr. Bronfim, and he is very happy with the
piano.

On Saturday I had an appointment in the back country of Alabama, where I had
to work on a 25 year Cable Nelson spinet, that wasn't playing and hadn't been
tuned for ever, sitting on the front porch of a run down farm house. The
owner asked if I could resurrect the thing, to make his grandson happy. After
two hours, I had raised the pitch 153 cents, taken books, magazines and
pictures from between the stickers, (which was causing it not to play),
reduced lost motion, and in general, made it play. Needless to say, it didn't
turn out as well as the D, but it made the grandfather and his grandson very
happy.

Different levels of pianos, different levels of skills, but the same results.

Don't you just love this profession?

Wim