damper wire replacement was Re: Accu-just HPs in Steinway D :(

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu May 30 20:35 MDT 2002

scott.thile@murraystate.edu writes:

> Another interesting project on this rebuild is I'll be installing all new
> damper heads and wires along with the felts. I haven't done that in years.
> Lots of wire bending as I remember, but I think I had built a jig to that
> well, if I can find it! Kept the individual tweaking down to a minimum as I
> remember it....
>
> Thanks again to all,
> Scott

I have never done a grand replacement, but I have done several verticals,
where they had plastic parts. I found the easiest way was to duplicate the
angles of the original damper wires. (presuming they're correct). Just a
thought.

Wim