Accu-just HPs in Steinway D :(

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu May 30 19:18 MDT 2002

Scott writes:
>BTW, I'd already been thinking of leaving the M&H tensioner in there as
>several have suggested. I think that may actually be helping this particular
>piano some. It was fire damaged at one point in it's history, although
>from what I can tell the rim and belly rail are all very sound, and I intend
>to install a nice new Baldoc fully fit pinblock, which should lock it all
>together nicely.

Greetings,
    All in all, this piano is beginning to sound like a "dog" case.  It may
be that you will never get this instrument to respond as a Steinway D is
expected to respond, so I will go on record as saying the scrapping of the
piano may be the most expeditious way to approach it.  Can you protect your
reputation while attempting to bring this thing back from the dead?  How will
you look when the money has been spent and the thing is still unappealing to
every pianist that plays it?  The best pinblock and restringing in the world
will NOT compensate for a dead soundboard, and fire damage certainly brings
that possibility up!

Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
(Let's not shilly-shally around here. Maybe you need to appoint a search
committe to look into the possibility of finding a consensus group to debate
whether or not to investigate alternative approaches......)