cost per hour. was Re: Maintenance Costs

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu May 30 08:43 MDT 2002

In a message dated 5/30/02 9:09:14 AM Central Daylight Time, rwest1@unl.edu
writes:

The Maintenance cost is a very interesting thing. I am curious what others
have to
say about this subject.

> How do I figure out
the my hourly rate?

Here is something of interest. I just got a Staff Member Benefits Statement.
It has all the usual stuff about my salary, employment date, etc. But on the
second page is a list of all the benefits the school pays over and above my
salary, including health and life insurance, workman's comp, retirement, etc.
The total is almost a forth of what I make at the university.

So when it comes to putting down the "hourly rate," it is not just the rate I
get paid per hour, but the additional cost of my employment.

Comments?

Wim