workload formula intro

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri May 24 12:19 MDT 2002

Wim,
	With respect to "Rebuilding Parameters," this category more or less
replaces "Quality." The intention is that you assess, not what the piano
needs at the moment, but what level of work the piano will receive over
the long haul, as needed (as the piano wears out and grows old). Under
"Condition" you assess what the piano needs right now. And under
"Condition" you'll find a level (excellent) which describes the piano as
not requiring re-conditioning ("at this time").
	I think I am willing to assert that any piano under our care ought to
receive minimal reconditioning when needed; thus, the minimum for the
"Rebuilding Parameters" category would include reconditioning. Just like
any piano ought to be tuned at least twice a year and kept so that "all
keys work." Even if not of us always actually are able (due to time and
budget constraints) to accomplish this.
	Does this answer your question?
Regards,
Fred