Ibach Hammers

Robert Edwardsen eedward2@rochester.rr.com
Thu May 23 05:59 MDT 2002

Paul,

Do you think they were needled with glover's needles?  That really =
destroys the hammers.

Rob Edwardsen
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul Kupelian=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 9:58 PM
  Subject: Ibach Hammers

  Hi all,
  Just looked at an Ibach 7' grand today.  The hammers are really a mess =
and the piano is less than ten years old.  Some of the center treble =
hammers look like either something got into them or they were severely =
needled  on the strike point.  I reshaped one but it took quite a bit of =
felt off.  I am really puzzled over this one. =20

  I don't know whether to reshape them or ask that the school spring for =
new hammers.  The upper and lower registers seem to be fine.

  Regards,
  Paul Kupelian, RPT