Workload-"condition"

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Wed May 1 05:44 MDT 2002

At 12:10 AM 5/1/02, you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/30/02 10:33:46 PM !!!First Boot!!!, fssturm@unm.edu
>writes:
>

>>Wim,
>>    I have looked at it your formula and found it very much wanting. I'm
>>afraid I just don't have the extra time and effort to spare to comment
>>on it in detail. And from past experience, it is unlikely that any
>>effort I might undertake in that regard would be worth my while. Let's
>>just assume that you and I don't communicate on the same wavelength and
>>leave it at that. Fair enough?
>>Regards,
>>Fred
>
>With all due repsect, Fred, this is a cop out.
>
>Wim

Wim-

Your comment that Fred is copping out is beyond the pale.  Fred has been
charged by the CAUT committee to revise the Workload Guidelines.  This is a
very time-consuming task, which he has undertaken willingly, and for which
he should be commended and supported.  CAUT as a whole has been working on
this document for around 15 years now.  For Fred to stop working on his
task, change gears completely, and devote time to evaluating your formula
is not his job.

Don't just give lip service to "due respect".  Give Fred the respect he is due.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati