rep springs

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu Jun 6 08:56 MDT 2002

I have been taught (and it says so in the regulation manuals), that the rep
springs should be adjusted so that there is a "gentle rise," when you let up
on the key. This winter I regulated all of the main pianos in the school,
including the piano faculty pianos, with the rep spring set to give me that
"gentle rise." Now, all of a sudden, piano players are complaining about poor
repetition, and when I check out the pianos, there is almost no rise at all.

Once upon a time I heard that the springs will change with the change in
weather. But what is happening? How come all of my rep springs are flat?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Wim