Piano truck choice?

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Mon Jul 22 12:54 MDT 2002

There was an outfit in South Bend, Ind. that made a dolly designed by a
piano technician in the area, but I can't recall either the name of the
company or the tech. at the moment.  It had a dolly for each leg with two
wheels & braces that went up to the bottom of the case.  It was the most
solid piano dolly I've ever seen.  A number of years ago I put them on a
several pianos, but they never really got well known in the market.  It
looked something like this with the leg sitting on the pin in the middle.
(Hey! I'm a tuna, not a graphic arteest -- gimmee a break!)  They move like
a dream & the only way you could knock the legs off would be by ramming it
into a wall with enough force to destroy the piano.

       __
     /     \
  /           \
/__       __\
________
    \   |   |
      \_|_|

Otto

PS:  Anybody had the guts to try the spray can voicing?  Or does everybody
figure the U Idaho potato-head has starched his synapses?  Remember, CA is
just a politically correct form of super-glue.  Used wrong, it's still the
equivelant of sticking your tongue on the flag pole in January in Anchorage.