removing a plate by myself

Tim Coates tcoates@dtgnet.com
Thu Jul 18 21:00 MDT 2002

Hi Vince,

Yes, I have the Buldoc plate clamp.  It is  the best tool I have for removing
plates.  Yes, it takes 5 or 10 minutes on a large plate to find the center, but
once you've found it you mark the location.  The plates are perfectly level and
very stable.  The initial cost can be a little spendy, but I've used it on five
plates now and I feel it has paid for itself.  Two days ago I installed a plate
in a SSO in ten minutes (that was attaching the clamp, finding the center and
putting the plate snugly into the piano).   Yesterday I installed a SSB plate
in 15 minutes (took a little longer to find the center).   On most pianos I can
work on plates by myself.  The system keeps the plate from bobbing around while
raising or lowering.

Tim Coates
Wapin Co., LLP