Genuine Steinway Action Rails Split

Fri Jul 12 12:19 MDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Sutton" <ed440@mindspring.com>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: July 12, 2002 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: Genuine Steinway Action Rails Split

>     Del's comments are certainly worth considering, but in this case I am
> contracted to rebuild an action, not redesign the piano. The action is in
> such bad shape that just getting it into the range of "normal Steinway"
will
> be a great improvement.

Well, the part of the question I was responding to was: "What is the point
of reference...." I didn't say any of this was practical in real life.
Actually, it is quite practical and has been -- and is being -- accomplished
by many piano factories. It just wasn't accomplished by Steinway in years
past. Does anybody know about years current?

Del