Rebuilding twice.. was you can pay.

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Thu Jul 4 03:21 MDT 2002

This question has made me scratch my head a few times as well.Given the fact
that often as not a rebuilt instrument has about as much in common with the
origional instrument as a rebuilt Volkswagon van with a Corvette engine has
with a stock VW,  From this perspective as long as the "Chasis" is good...
rebuild it as many times as you like :)

I wonder what is it that makes any piano "worth" rebuilding in the first place.
Surely it must have less to do with the Brand name then it has to do with the
size of the thing. Of course the general quality of the rim and bracings is
important, but it would seem likely that there are plenty of decent enough rims
made without the rest of the piano coming into the question.

As long as we are on that.... anyone have meanings about what is the best made
Rim in the buisness ?? Reasonings ?

Cheers !

RicB

>Wim and List,
>
> This is something I would like to hear some opinions on. How many times can a
> piano be rebuilt and still produce the same or similar quality as new? They
> are ok now but how many times can a piano in such an environment be expected
> to  last?  Certainly some pianos/brands are not worth the effort but many
are.
> Just how many times?
>
>  Don

Richard Brekne