Key bushing question

Rick Florence Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
Wed Jul 3 13:55 MDT 2002

> If they don't seem too bad, I just spray them with McLube.

Tom, I think you have identified the problem.

We have found after numerous trials that every, and I mean EVERY, time we
use McLube on the pins or bushings they develop the situation similar to
what you are facing.  We have tried all three versions of McLube with the
same results.

We now polish pins and apply CLP on the bushings and they last much longer.

Rick Florence
Piano Technician
Arizona State University, School of Music