Key bushing question

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed Jul 3 11:24 MDT 2002

>  I don't usually use any cleaning product on front rail pins
>  unless they feel gummy, which is pretty rare

"Gummy" is good, getting rid of it I mean.

The purpose of using FLitz is that it removes microscopic scales of corrosion
which does abrade cloth.  Go to any piano and move a key up and down while
pressing it against it's bushings.  If you feel any drag at all it is caused by
corrosion.  If you feel no drag at all then you have found a rare beast indeed.

		Newton