you can pay me now....

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue Jul 2 18:50 MDT 2002

In a message dated 7/2/02 10:22:41 PM !!!First Boot!!!, dmckech@ithaca.edu=20
writes:

> How to come up with a generic cost analysis has eluded me for some time.
> When the Guidelines are finished and endorsed I hope to devote more
> attention to this issue. It has been suggested to me at one time that we
> try to develop a depreciation model for an inventory. Perhaps those on
> this list who have a greater business sense than me can suggest
> something. Let=EDs keep the momentum going!
>=20
> Don
>=20
>=20

Don

I have the experience to develop depreciation. But mostly in the private=20
sector. When it comes to university setting, there are more variables=20
involved. Of course, the scenario I posted was to replace all the pianos in=20
30 years. This, of course, is not going to happen.=20

What we need, I think, is input on the average life expectancy of pianos in=20=
a=20
university setting. The variables are the same as with the workload. But in=20
addition to rebuilding the piano, we need to add a category for replacing.=20
How long will a piano last? Is it worth rebuilding? How many times can you=20
rebuild the same piano, and still get use out of it?

I have 5 S&S Model M from the 20' and 30's that have had new pin blocks put=20
in, and the action parts replaced. They all need to be rebuilt gain. I need=20
to determine if it will be better to do that, or trade them in for new ones.=
=20
This is where we need to help each other.

Wim=20