you can pay me now....

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Jul 1 18:27 MDT 2002

In a message dated 7/1/02 6:50:51 PM Central Daylight Time, ANRPiano@aol.com
writes:

> In the short term this might be cheaper, however when their supplier
> descides they no longer want to lease the pianos, as is happening more and
> more, they will find themselves in a heap of trouble.
>

> Andrew Remillard

Andrew

I think you might be confusing the piano loan program with a leasing program.
The loan programs cost the dealer money. They literally let the school use
the pianos for free, and sell those units at a great discount, for the chance
to sell a whole bunch of pianos at the end of the year, to make up the loss
in profits, and interest expense, of having those pianos in the school.

With a lease plan, the dealer actually gets the money from the leasing
company, as if he had made a sale. The leasing company then takes the risk of
the school paying the bill every month, or year.

But, David, lets look at the figures. $1 million worth of pianos (about 80 of
them), leased over 5 years comes to a little less than $20,000 a month. But
this will have to go on forever. Over 20 years, that's $4,800,000. A
technician cost $40,000 a year, or $800,000 for 20 years. So in 20 years, the
school would pay $4 million for $1 million worth of pianos. David, if you
think that is a good financial decision, let me tell you about some land I
have in Florida I can lease you.

Wim