Broken TP

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 10:35 MST 2002

As broken t-pins are rare occurrences, I don't think the tip size is =
much of a factor...

David I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Alkana=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 8:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Broken TP

  Avery,
  Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, I just hope that never =
happens to me! (I avoid Baldwins where ever possible :-) I do have a =
question, though. What is the fit of your hammer like on the tuning =
pins? I've wondered if having a very close fitting tip will aid in the =
prevention of broken TPs at the becket hole area. Any thoughts? For =
years I've used a #3 Schaff tip whenever possible to get a close fit to =
the coil. It can feel a little sloppy to some, but I've grown accustomed =
to it. Thoughts?

  Joseph Alkana  RPT
  josephspiano@attbi.com
    ----- Original Message -----=20