Steinway legs & castors

Greg Granoff RPT gjg2@humboldt.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:52 MST 2002

Richard,
I just went through a repair of the identical problem with one of our
D's.  The instrument was on an old Colson truck, and even though not
particularly sprung, we bought a new truck (planned to anyway).  The new
trucks (from Pianotek) for D's and B's seem to be made of thicker
material and are much more stable, making this sort of problem less
likely, I suspect.   I personally would not be inclined to modify the
leg-- what if you moved to a new truck?  If you modify anything, think
about maybe shimming the plate the leg sits on.  Far less work in the
end.

Greg Granoff  RPT
Humboldt State University