Steinway legs & castors

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon Jan 21 21:52 MST 2002

>I have a Steinway S at a hotel which is rolled about 100 feet across a
>hardwood floor.  They do not want a truck so I'm thinking double rubber
>wheel castors.  These should fit without too much trouble?
>
>David I.

I'd recommend a truck anyway, or nothing. Nothing but a truck ties the legs
together, and regardless of whether you have double casters or triple
caster individual leg dollies, rolling a piano any distance regularly
without the bracing support of a stage truck is asking to get someone hurt.
Personally, I would have nothing to do with this if they didn't want to do
it as safely as possible.

Ron N