Kawai

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Jan 15 12:39 MST 2002

List,

Just thought I'd let you know about something kind of interesting
that's happening here.

The Kawai dealer called and offered us the use of an EX & 7' Shuguru (sp?)
grand for app. a month, free of charge. It's for exposure of course, plus
he's also very interested in us not becoming an "all Steinway" school, so
wants to keep a Kawai presence here besides our lease program. :-)

Since I've never had the opportunity to hear an EX, this should be
interesting and enjoyable. It'll also be interesting to hear the comments
from pianists who normally would always prefer a Steinway.

This happens to coincide with our International Piano Festival Feb. 1-3,
so there will be extra exposure there for the guest artists, students who
play in the Master Classes and outside audience who come in to listen.

The performers for that this year will be Abbey Simon, Anton Kuerti &
Janina Fialkowska.

Just thought I'd throw this out.

Avery
University of Houston