University workshop

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon Jan 7 12:20 MST 2002

Loren,

This is one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet. Do you have an Opera
department with a good scene shop? If so, and you're fairly limited
on shop space, the necessary power equipment they have to have could
also be shared, with some coordination, with you.

That's my situation here. I don't really have room for very much
woodworking type power equipment. I have a very strong theatre
background, so I've been able to develop a very good relationship
with our theatre manager. The scene shop is just down the hall a
little way so any time I need to use their "stuff", I'm welcome to do
so. Their expertise can also sometimes come in handy. With advance
planning, I would even be able to do pin block, soundboard
refinishing, etc. in there.

A question. Is this a new facility in the planning stages? Revamping
an older one, or what. Just curious.

Good luck with your quest. :-)

Avery
University of Houston