tuning and teaching

Breakall, Raymond rbreakal@richmond.edu
Mon Apr 29 08:49 MDT 2002

From: Wimblees@aol.com [mailto:Wimblees@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 3:23 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: tuning and teaching

In a message dated 4/26/02 10:52:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbreakal@richmond.edu writes:

Wim,

I have a 30 hour a week job and my supervisor has suggested that I talk to
the faculty about teaching in their classes about pianos when appropriate.
She also said that I could maybe teach percussion lessons to the students.
Nothing wrong with having variety.

Ray Beakall
University of Richmond

Ray

But would you get paid when you do that? This is what shouldn't be
happening, talking to students for a few minutes in a teacher's class room.
I think if we are going to be asked to assume the role of teacher, we need
to get paid for it. I think piano students need to know more about their
instrument, and the only way this is going to happen is if they have to take
a class on it, for credit. And we should get paid to teach it.

Wim
[Breakall, Raymond]

Wim,

We haven't discussed pay yet but I think if it's 2 or 3 times a year, I wont
worry about it. A class is different.

Ray