Workload-"condition"

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Mon Apr 29 06:32 MDT 2002

Fred Sturm wrote:

>         Another possible approach might be to distinguish individually between
> pianos worthy of, and likely to receive, different levels of service,
> such as (1) Rebuilding, (2) Reconditioning, (3) Only routine
> maintenance.

Hi Fred,
    This might be a very good way to do it.   It might be also wise to have limits
on the number of pianos  FT should care for.  Perhaps a rule which overrides the
formula stating.  Never less than 40 and never more than 125 pianos.
     I heard a funny story by Andy Rooney.  He had collected a number brochures
stating how much gasoline could be saved by doing certain things to his car.
(Inflate tires properly, 15% savings,   keep the engine in tune, drive slower,
etc)  He then added all of the expected savings which came to around 200%.  His
conclusion was that if he faithfully did all of that, he would need to stop every
few hundred miles to "drain his gas tank".   Legitimate formulas can work like
that.
-Mike