Statement?

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Tue Apr 23 23:23 MDT 2002

Michael,

I think it is a good idea for the Guidelines to include a section on the
reporting structure.  However, the "ideal world scenario" sometimes doesn't
work, so the Guidelines should include alternatives.  Some time back (maybe
years) there was a post from a technician whose intractable, long term
problems wer solved when administration placed the piano service personnel
placed under facilities management/plant engineering.  The obvious
similarities of activities helped considerable in the technician obtaining
budget, parts, etc.  In this type of scenario the administrator who the tech
reports to is in facilities, but a functional relationship with the music
department exists.  There is a lot to recommend this.  The tech job is a
little less politicized, the tech is respected as a professional, etc.

Bill Shull, RPT
La Sierra University

In a message dated 4/23/02 5:54:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,