new formula, part two

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri Apr 19 10:16 MDT 2002

In a message dated 4/19/02 8:27:09 AM Central Daylight Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

> I do have one question. Do you really think harpsichords should be
> included in this? It seems as though the amount of tunings they require,
> compared to a piano, would mess up the numbers. If they are used
> regularly, they should probably be tuned weekly. Daily when being used
> in performance. And that depends on the repertoire. It varies so much.
> At least in my situation.

Not only should you include the harpsichord, because it is work, and it needs
to be done but I also forgot to include a very obvious thing we all have to
do, every day. I forgot to include that we spent about 8 - 10 hours a week
doing the paper work, or computer updating, or talking to professors and
students, or what have you. The non productive part of our job. But it is
necessary, and we should get paid for it.

Wim