loose capstans

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 19 09:53 MDT 2002

Hi Eric,
          I have used thin CA, just move the capstan back and forth a few
times as the glue is setting.  I encountered no problems, and it snugged
them up to where they should be.  About 1/2 a turn in each direction.  Just
a small amount will do the job, more is not better.

Regards roger

At 09:31 AM 4/19/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anybody ever used pin-tite to cure loose capstans? Looking for a (very)
>quick fix - something that wouldn't require removing them all for sizing.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eric

>Eric Wolfley, RPT
>Head Piano Technician
>Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
>University of Cincinnati

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.