new formula, part two

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri Apr 19 07:28 MDT 2002

Wim,

Once the "madness" is over here, I am going to try and work this out
for my situation. I'm curious, anyway.

>My numbers are:
>Number of tunings in a year: 1103.
>Total "setting" number: 122.5
>Total: 135117.5
>Divided by 75 (number of pianos and harpsichords) = 2814.9479
>Divided by 48 (weeks per year I work) = 37.532639

I do have one question. Do you really think harpsichords should be
included in this? It seems as though the amount of tunings they
require, compared to a piano, would mess up the numbers. If they are
used
regularly, they should probably be tuned weekly. Daily when being used
in performance. And that depends on the repertoire. It varies so much.
At least in my situation.

The faculty member here can do some of his own tuning, depending on what
temperament he wants. If it's ET (rarely), Prinz, Werckmeister, a
Meantone, I have to do those. He does a pretty good Young and can touch
up a tuning when needed.

I'm probably not explaining this very well but maybe you'll understand
what I'm getting at. Thanks.

Avery