Concert Load

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed Apr 17 08:03 MDT 2002

In a message dated 4/17/02 7:58:05 AM Central Daylight Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

> List,
>
> Just curious. We "only" have 28 recitals/concerts scheduled
> from April 15 - April 21 and all but three will use a piano
> and all will get a complete tuning or perhaps a very thorough
> 'touch-up'.
>
> Yesterday, I had to tune both D's in our Opera House and in
> another hall, both D's & a harpsichord, all used last night!
>
> I was just wondering how this compares with your schedule
> during that time period. The next week is just as bad.
>
> Less than 2 weeks of classes left! After juries are over, I
> think I'm going to take a week off just to "unstress" some.
>
> Then the work starts to get ready for all the summer stuff.
> Unlike Wim's school, ours doesn't virtually shut down for
> the summer. :-)
>
> Avery
> University of Houston

Avery

That is why I need feed back. I just wanted to get an idea if my formula
would work. But even in your case, plug in the numbers, and put down how
often a piano gets tuned. If it 75 per year, or 200 times per year, the
result will be in how many hours a piano tech needs to work to get the work
done. Obviously if your formula points to the fact that a tech needs to work
80 hours a week, you've got a very good excuse to go to the chair and ask for
help.

Wim