high humidity (was tapping strings)

Tue Apr 16 10:15 MDT 2002

> Fred Sturm wrote
>

> >         What puzzles me the most is the pitch variation within individual
> > unisons between left and right strings, and especially the fact that
> > they are often greatest in the highest octave or two. I don't claim to
> > have many answers, just an observant and inquiring mind.

I never noticed that it was particularilly different in the highest octave or
two.... Just always struck me that the right string in a unison was sharp of the
middle, which was sharp again of the left, .... or the reverse of that depending on
the direction the climate is going.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.