Dead Note

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon Apr 15 11:46 MDT 2002

Yamaha upright in a bad location: coke in the middle treble at the
upper termination. I was amazed at how dead the sound was. I looked
for a bridge separation, even.

I used a towel, dish of water, and toothbrush to soak and scrub out
what I could. It got back about 1/2 the tone. It would have been better
to loosen the strings, pull them aside, and really clean them and the
area, but there were too many and not enough time.

Avery, my guess is coke fouling the agraffe. Maybe slack off the
string, scrub both the contact point of the string and the agraffe
hole, dry, pull back up, and see how it goes. Of course,
it could have fouled the wrap as well.

Susan