Dead Note

Jonathan W Edwards jwea@juno.com
Mon Apr 15 09:02 MDT 2002

I had a similar problem on a Kawai RX-3 (not that it has anything to do
with Kawais in general). Some Coke had been spilled in the agraffe and
dried there, effectively deadening the string. You couldn't see the dried
Coke in there, and it doesn't take much to cause this problem. The
strings have to be removed from the agraffes and the agraffes and strings
must be cleaned. Hope this helps,
Jonathan Edwards
Emory University Technician