tapping pins (wapin)

Tue Apr 9 13:29 MDT 2002

Grin... let me see if I got this right..... probably 90 % of the music playing
world ( or some such absurdly majorital figure ) goes around under the
impression that Strads and less then a handfull of other old master builders
built instruments that sound better today then any instrument made since...
will pay millions to get ahold of one...

and...

Similiar... if not quite to the extreme.... phenomena exist relating to the
Steinway grands.... concert halls litterally everywhere have them to such a
dominant degree its quite fantastic actually....

yet....

somehow or another "we" know that this is all imagination... sales hype...
mystic...bs... what have you... We have definitive proof that Strads *dont*
<<sound>> better...

I like the klang I hear in there somewhere..... we can actually <<know>>, as in
proof positive written by all the gods of science... we can <<know>> that one
make of instrument does not <<sound>> better then another despite the fact that
the vast majority of our fellow humans <<know>> something else...

Isnt Knowledge a wonderfull thing ?

I am indeed flabergasted....grin.

RicB

--