tapping strings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat Apr 6 09:07 MST 2002

>Ron -
>I'm not sure what you mean my not a working piano. I see this condition
>with even more extreme numbers all the time, including on new pianos. Mind
>you, I DO think it's a problem.
>
>David Skolnik

David,
I see the problem of negative front bearing all the time too. I hear it as
well. Entirely too many of the pianos I tune on a regular basis, including
those in colleges, are like this. These pianos may be in service and being
used, but I wouldn't consider them to be functional pianos. I think it's a
problem too, and a big one, that seating the strings doesn't change.
Ron N