tapping strings

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 14:39 MST 2002

Considering the effect of moisture on the bridge then a good practice
during a restringing
would be to pull all bridge pins and treat the holes with water thin epoxy
(301). This will soak into the pores
and solidify the area and be less prone change. The surface edge would also
be fortified and resist crushing.

Prior to resurfacing and renotching a piano in the shop, I applied epoxy
Technology's 301.  The surface sanded well
and the notching didn't produce and 'dry' wood.

I wonder if a replacement pin a few thou. oversized would be beneficial as
well, rather than relying on the sizing effect
of the epoxy.

Jon Page