Slick Key Bushings.

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 5 10:40 MST 2002

Hi Ric,
         Wise old Newton, can't agree more with his ideas.  My good friend
Ted Sambell gave me some Kangaroo hide .055" thick, to try.

(It's avaiiable from Shaff under player supplies.)After polishing and
coating the pins, plus dusting the leather with teflon powder, I ended up
with the slickest combination to date.  I also noted that the sizing of the
bushing was exceptionally good.

In future we will be bushing B/R's with leather.   F/R's we will still use
felt for quietness, for the time being.

Roger

>So listen to Newton and his "polish the darn Key pins" line.  I for one
>have learned not to underestimate the value of the least possible
>friction (of any kind) between key pins and bushings.
>
>RicB
>

>--
>Richard Brekne
>RPT, N.P.T.F.