tapping strings

Fri Apr 5 08:06 MST 2002

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >I was also under the impression that your take was that the string isnt pushed
> >up the bridge pin at all to begin with. Correct ?
> >

> >--
> >Richard Brekne
>
> No. The expanding bridge pushes the string up the pin.
>
> Ron N

Ok... I have always understood you to mean that the string really isnt being pushed
up the pin at all. Fair enough.

Now that I am past that I still end up with the position that as long as the lowest
part of the indentation is above the string line, taken as the angle created by the
difference of the height of the  center of the bridge visa vi the front termination
point, then any seating that can be accomplished is and should be advisable.

You seem to be saying then, if I understand you correctly, that this condition can
not exist. Yet I see it frequently enough.

As far as the distinctive kind of false beating loose pins cause we have been in
agreement all along, but that is only one kind of falsness.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.