Hamburg Damper Felts [sidebar re: Yamaha]

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 13:47 MST 2002

Does Yamaha believe it maintains the right to refuse to sell parts to
someone who will not or can not produce a Yamaha piano serial number? What
if I just used a "stock" serial number from our inventory? Would they soon
catch on that the same piano has had its dampers replaced a dozen times in
the last two years? Do you suppose that they'd quibble about the minor
detail that you don't usually put Yamaha grand hammers in an upright?

I understand the bit about gray market pianos, but aren't they creating a
whole lot of paperwork for themselves?

I probably missed the discussion about this.......