Hamburg Damper Felts

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Apr 1 12:28 MST 2002

I am not using Hamburg damper felts, but I am having a problem with some NY
felts I just put on a B. There are three bichords that are giving me fits. I
have tried everything, but it still is not cutting off on a sharp blow. I
finally super glued a small nut to the flange, which is helping some. This is
leaving me to believe that perhaps the spring has lost some of it's strength.
I removed the lever, and tried bending the spring down as much as possible.
Short of removing the entire tray, and rebending each spring, does anyone
have a better idea.

Wim
U of Alabama