quasi thayer knuckles...

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Tue Jul 31 10:14 MDT 2001

yes... I know it sounds confusing. I am confused... but I know somebody out
here has some info for me.

I am going to be the proud owner of a "structurally sound" ( I'm almost
certain!!) Doll and Sons grand piano. It needs so much regulation work (
only half of the notes play) that would only warrant a technician as the new
owner.

I checked out all that I could, and am very excited at the potential this
instrument has.

Believe it or not, the only thing I found a little weird was these sorta
thayer looking knukles.I have never seen ones like these and they were more
FLAT then the  rounded thayer types..
( Capstans were fine with current tools...)
I'm wondering... would an older set of "regular" knuckes be able to be
installed on this to make for a better regulatable/playing action??
Pierce tells me that this piano is Early 1900's.

It's going wicked cheap...  he needs the space, and I'm doing him a favor.
Only 30-50 cents flat.
It's not home with me yet, and I guess I'm a little concerned about how this
will regulate.

Anyone??

:) much thanx!!

Michelle