Temp Strips

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat Jul 28 08:20 MDT 2001

I use two mutes and do tune the middle string first except at struts.
Right string mute moves up to next unison's right string.  Tune right
string to middle.  Left string mute moves up to next unison's left string.
Tune left string to middle.  When in the treble on uprights with space
problems with the dampers I do use one mute with left string first.

David I.

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 7/27/01 at 10:32 PM David Graham wrote:
Hi all- my variation on this was to snip the loop off a regular mute
handle.. On one end is a 3/4 in mute, on the other is a 1/2 in mute, so I
use it for both grands and uprights. It has the advantage of being long
enough that it won't fall down through the upright action (usually).
---
David Graham <dcgrpt@earthlink.net>

----------
From: "Mike McCoy" <mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net>
To: <ctuner@reyburn.com>
Subject: Fw: Temp Strips
Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2001, 7:49 PM

Hi Bruce, Alan and other non-strippers!

    If you are using mutes only going from bottom to top or top to bottom
do
I assume you are not tuning the center string of a 3-string unison first?
IE: you put a mute between the mid and 2nd string to mute them both then
tune the left string, then complete the unison and move on?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike McCoy RPT
So Central Pa Chapter 170 & SEPA 190 PTG
Langhorne, Pa
Mailto:mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net <mailto:mjmccoyrpt@earthlink.net>