verdigris

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Jul 16 07:01 MDT 2001

--- You wrote:
My question is this: is there a solution that anyone knows of that will
attack this vertigris
--- end of quote ---

Michelle,

As long as the bushings have not been previously  treated with anything else, I
have found that Protek does an excellent (and long-lasting) job of overcoming
verdigris in action centers. I treated some actions years ago that are still
functioning well. Depending on the severity of the verdigris, I needed to
re-apply Protek to a handful of parts later on, and perhaps one or two will
continue to be a bit stubborn. But, overall, I consider the Protek to be a very
satisfactory solution to the problem.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH