hey all

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri Jul 13 11:04 MDT 2001

>...My question is this: is there a solution that anyone knows of that will
>attack this vertigris , freeing up the jacks to not warrant me going through
>the whole process with the jack posts??...
>Thanx for your input!!!
>:) michelle stranges

Michelle, List,

The only resource I've had success with is to use Protek CLP and physically
assist the freeing up process.  The ones that respond will be self evident.
The ones that don't will need additional applications and gentle, but
persistent prodding.

Once you have the desired results of free motion, should any of the jacks
develop some sluggishness down the road due to inactivity of the piano,
re-application of Protek CLP will take care of it.

It stays free best when the instrument is used.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild