Harpsichord pins w/o hole

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Mon Jan 29 09:20 MST 2001

Hi,

Sorry I didn't follow that whole discussion, but stringing those is
really not that big of a problem.  It does take a little practice to get
the trick, however. The hardest ones to deal with are the heavier bass,
but that is workable as well. The wire locks onto itself as you cross
over. Just keep it tight and leave the last few coils without crossing
over. With a little practice it even becomes kind of fun, and looks very
nice when you do right. I'm sure there are others who expressed a similar
attitude about them. Sometimes the smooth tappered pins may not hold
quite as well over time, but just tap them back down and go with it.

good luck,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College