Concert grand

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Thu Jan 25 17:47 MST 2001

The decision has been made to purchase a Yamaha CFIIIS for our recital
hall.  We have two Steinway "D"s in there and one will be replaced.  Our
chairman was told by an unhappy dealer, that we will be one of only 5 music
schools that have a Yamaha in their recital hall.  I told him, that those
kind of statistics would be very difficult to obtain, and that I have
serious doubts about the veracity of that statement.

Our Artist in Residence (a Steinway artist) liked this particular Yamaha
very much as did another prominent - and somewhat biased - Steinway artist
in New York.  On the strength of these two artists, whom I know and
respect, I certainly raised no objections to the Yamaha purchase.  We
hadn't found any other pianos that were really special.

Does anyone have an idea of how common CFIIISs are in music schools?  I
just can't believe that they are that rare.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts