NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSITS?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed Jan 17 06:39 MST 2001

On deposits for contracted repair work, I collect one third deposit before
ordering parts,
enough to cover the cost of the retail price of the parts parts.  This way,
the customer has
paid for the parts and my time to evaluate the job.  In the event of a
cancellation, I would simply
give them the parts and leave it at that.  If the parts can be used readily
on another piano, I might
reimburse a portion and keep a 'processing fee' (time involved).

This is one reason for not offering the parts at cost or cost +10%. Because
you need to recoup
your time involved in the event of a change of heart.

I have never had this happen, what are the circumstances for your query?

Regards,

Jon Page