sun-bleached lid

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue Jan 16 13:11 MST 2001

At 10:11 AM 01/16/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>I'm having a 1911 mahogany 'O' refininshed. The lid has been left open all
>it's life, such that half the lid is red, and the other half blond. I know
>you've all seen this before, this is the vintage where the legs are
>grain-painted.
>
>Does anyone have a succesful (proven) approach for blending (bleaching) the
>two halves?
>
>thanks,
>Mark Cramer,
>Brandon University

This is a good candidate for going black.

Otherwise you will need to bleach the entire piano and treat the top of the
small lid
and front portion of the large lid a second time. Plus have different
intensities of
stain for blending and a toner to match the overall color especially with
the legs
being different.

Black will do away with the need to perform magic.

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net