Juice and the Steinway hammers

Rob Loomis rkloomis@shaysnet.com
Sat Jan 13 10:08 MST 2001

Horace Greeley wrote:

David, in answer to your question, just about any applicator with which you
are comfortable is the "right" one.  When I was doing new piano prep all
the time, I used a Clairol hair coloring bottle (the graduations on the
side made for easy mixing of different strengths of whatever was
needed).  Now, mostly I use the needle-tipped oil bottles available from
most of the supply houses.  These allow much greater control over what is
going where.  A glue bottle sounds just fine to me.

I enjoy using disposable pipettes from stewmac.com,  a guitar shop supplier. The
tips can be trimmed to produce just the flow rate you're looking for.

Rob